Your business contributes to the vitality of our community – through taxes and jobs – and we thank you for doing business in Amherst County! Your business is very important to Amherst County and we recognize significant economic development growth in a community is generated by existing businesses. Retaining businesses and fostering existing business growth is an important priority in Amherst.
The EDA wants to connect existing businesses with the right information, programs, and resources to provide the greatest opportunities for success. There are many programs – both local and state – that may open the door to funding, training, key contacts, or the possibility of exporting to foreign markets. We understand every business and project is unique and we are ready to find creative ways to meet the constantly changing demands of business.
The EDA can work with you to:
- Finding expansion locations within the county
- Be your advocate within county government
- Assist with workforce needs
- Coordinate incentives and grants based on job creation and economic growth Learn More
- Facilitate your project’s review and permit process
- Guide companies through necessary regulatory requirements and approvals
The EDA is your first point-of-contact to access local and state programs. Please call or email our office to discuss what programs make the most sense for your business.